Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default enter data that goes two places by category

I'm creating a form where I enter a data item and want the entry to appear
with the other related entries AND also to be placed in another range defined
by a category used in a pull down in the column to the right of the entry.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is not usable code, but I tried to piece together
something similar to what your post described.

Dim RelatedItems As Range
Dim CategoryDefined As Range
PullDownCategory = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Validation.Value
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "RelatedItems").End(xlUP).Row
LastRow2 = Cells(Rows.Count. "CategoryDefined").End(xlUp).Row
If DataEntered = PullDownCategory Then
Cells(LastRow + 1, "RelatedItems") = DataEntered
Cells(LastRow2 +1, "CategoryDefined") = DataEntered
End If

Maybe you can use it to better describe what you are truing to do.

"Mark" wrote:

I'm creating a form where I enter a data item and want the entry to appear
with the other related entries AND also to be placed in another range defined
by a category used in a pull down in the column to the right of the entry.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the script. I'm sure it will help me -- I just have to think a bit
more about how to apply this. I nearly got what I was looking for with the
use of the DSUM function. I was not able to copy the data to a second
location upon entry but I was able to sum based on a CATEGORY criteria.
Thanks