-   -   Delete textbox after exit (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382934-delete-textbox-after-exit.html)

[email protected]

Delete textbox after exit

Is there a way in VBA to delete a worksheet textbox after you exit it.
I've tried the KeyPress event but it gives me a error and excel has to
shut down. I think the error has to do with the fact that I am
deleting the textbox that triggered the event but I'm not sure. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Phillips

Delete textbox after exit

Use Application.OnTime to trigger procedure to run in say 1 sec that
deletes that textbox.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a way in VBA to delete a worksheet textbox after you exit it.
I've tried the KeyPress event but it gives me a error and excel has to
shut down. I think the error has to do with the fact that I am
deleting the textbox that triggered the event but I'm not sure. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Delete textbox after exit

Thanks for your reply Bob.

I'm pretty new to VBA. Can you give me a little example.

Bob Phillips

Delete textbox after exit

Kyle,

Read this first, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm, and then post
back with the bits you are unsure of.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for your reply Bob.

I'm pretty new to VBA. Can you give me a little example.

[email protected]

Delete textbox after exit

Not unsure about any of it. That worked perfect Bob.
Thanks for you help.

Bob Phillips

Delete textbox after exit

Excellent. Chip obviously did a great job on the page.

--
---
HTH

Bob