Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default auto_open()

I wrote a macro with the sub Auto_Open(). This macro is supposed to run
automatically when I open excel workbook (double-click existing workbook file
to open), but it is not running? I can run it after I open the book, which
shows the macro works w/o errors. Can someone point me to docs or offer a
solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ric,

See if the Workbook_Open Event is kicking off.

Regards,
Eddie
http://HelpExcel.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Where would I check that? I can see the event from a program, but I don't
know how to use it when I am manually opening the workbook. Should it be
included in my macro as a sort of post-open debugging tool?

" wrote:

Ric,

See if the Workbook_Open Event is kicking off.

Regards,
Eddie
http://HelpExcel.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like you have put the code in ThisWorbook, instead of a normal code
module. Check this by right clicking on the Excel icon on the worksheet (or
next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), select View Code from
the menu, and paste the code.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ric,

See if the Workbook_Open Event is kicking off.

Regards,
Eddie
http://HelpExcel.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually, this is my first macro. In the VB Editor from Excel, I don't see it
in the Project-VBAProject/Mocrosoft Excel Objects list. I added it as an
insert/module and that corrected my problem.

Thanks,
Rick

"rick_mc" wrote in message
I wrote a macro with the sub Auto_Open(). This macro is supposed to run
automatically when I open excel workbook (double-click existing workbook
file
to open), but it is not running? I can run it after I open the book, which
shows the macro works w/o errors. Can someone point me to docs or offer a
solution?

AUTO_OPEN Bob Barnes Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 6th 08 03:03 AM
Auto_open Marcelo Excel Programming 2 February 9th 07 06:32 PM
auto_open? Jack Sons Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 22nd 05 09:16 PM
XLA auto_open jc Excel Programming 0 October 6th 04 12:50 AM
Beyond AUTO_OPEN WarrenR Excel Programming 2 February 27th 04 03:57 AM