Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les Les is offline

Default vb needed i think...

I'm usually quite good with conditional formatting but I don't think it can
handle what I need.
Let's say in cell A1 I have a date.
In cell A3 I have the conditional format =(TODAY()-A128) shade in red.
(If it's more than 28 days from the date show me in red)

If I enter a date in cell A2 then I want the conditional format to be ignored.
Can this be done with conditional formatting or will it take VB?
If it's VB what would you suggest?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=(TODAY()-A128)*(A2="")

clearly once you put something in A2 the condition will fail.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200704

"Les" wrote:

I'm usually quite good with conditional formatting but I don't think it can
handle what I need.
Let's say in cell A1 I have a date.
In cell A3 I have the conditional format =(TODAY()-A128) shade in red.
(If it's more than 28 days from the date show me in red)

If I enter a date in cell A2 then I want the conditional format to be ignored.
Can this be done with conditional formatting or will it take VB?
If it's VB what would you suggest?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps you can use conditional formats with two conditions linked with Or
something like this ...

=Or(A20, (TODAY()-A128))
--
HTH...