Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Update a Database from an Excel Form.

I actually copied the text from a question posted in 2002 because it
was never answered and I am looking for the answer to the exact same
question.
Please help if you can.
In my case, the missing info from this following question is:
the database is an Excel file (.xls) created by the Database Wizard.
If you close the file you are prompted to Create New record or not.
This is the VBA code I am looking for.
Please see below and thanks for any help you can offer.
Thanks very much.
Dan

I have created an Excel form (*.xlt) file that will let a
user add a record to a database. In order for the user to
add the record they manually have to "Save As" the form.
When they do this, a dialog box pops up asking them if
they want to create a new record in the database or not,
once they say OK to this box, the "Save As" dialog box
pops up and they are prompted for a file name.

I would like to put all these steps into a macro which
would automatically assume that they want to create a new
record and would save the file as a default name without
displaying the SAVE AS box or the alert that tells the
user that a file by that name already exists.

I have tried recording my steps but the only thing that
gets recorded is the SAVE AS procedure and when I run the
macro it will save the form but won't add a record to the
database. I obviously need to manually add some code to
my macro but I don't know where to find it.

Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.