Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bac bac is offline

Default How to find numbers that total o a specific sum

XP pro; Office 2003 Pro

I have a list of 285 numbers in column A, and I know some subset of these
numbers totals to 406,666.45. I have no idea how many numbers make up this
subset.

I have tried a series of nested loops to sequentially combine the list in
combinations of 2 to 5 numbers but I'm not getting anywhere.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

The only answer i've found searching the web leads me to an Experts
something or other site, but they want $$ up fron for the answer.

thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...n&rnum=1&hl=en