Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Menu disabled

This problem is driving me crazy!

When I open a workbook, I cannot use the menus or toolbars. If I
minimize Excel, and then maximize Excel, I regain use of the menus and
toolbars. To correct this, I have uninstalled and reinstalled
MSOffice. No luck. I have deleted my excel.xlb, and this didn't
work. I have also renamed my excel.pip...nothing.

In the meantime, I am stuck doing this little
dance ...open...minimize...maximize...work.

I'm using Office 2000 Pro on WinXP.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I got this off the web, see if it helps.

Right click in the toolbars area, select
CustomizeToolbars. Scroll to the bottom and
reselect "Worksheet Menu Bar"

" wrote:

This problem is driving me crazy!

When I open a workbook, I cannot use the menus or toolbars. If I
minimize Excel, and then maximize Excel, I regain use of the menus and
toolbars. To correct this, I have uninstalled and reinstalled
MSOffice. No luck. I have deleted my excel.xlb, and this didn't
work. I have also renamed my excel.pip...nothing.

In the meantime, I am stuck doing this little
dance ...open...minimize...maximize...work.

I'm using Office 2000 Pro on WinXP.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your response.
I see what your suggestion does, but it doesn't help.
I can neither right-click or left-click the toolbars or menus when the
problem occurs.