Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default newbie, vba simple prg from a book doesn't write...see vlookup with vba?

Hi there, message already posted as a reply but fallen into disuse

Thanks thanks for your help anyway...

To see what this macro is all about, please follow this link :

http://www.good2know.freesurf.fr/startengtemp.html

And the complete macro :

Sub InsertRepresentativesInitials()
Dim ClasseurRep As Workbook
Dim Numdpt As String
Dim Colonne As Variant
Dim Initiales
Set ClasseurRep = GetObject("C:\TPExcel\Representants.xls")
Range("D4").Select
While ActiveCell.Value < ""
Numdpt = Left(ActiveCell.Value, 2)
Colonne =
ClasseurRep.Sheets(1).Range("A4:F20").Find(What:=N umdpt, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole).Address
Colonne = Range(Colonne).Column
Colonne = CInt(Colonne)
Initiales =
ClasseurRep.Sheets(1).Cells(3,Colonne).Comment.Tex t
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Range("A1").Select
Wend
Set ClasseurRep = Nothing
Workbooks("clients.xls").Close
End Sub

And the not working line :

Set Colonne =
ClasseurRep.Sheets(1).Range("A4:F20").Find(What:=N umdpt, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole).Address

Just a question in between, is this line equivalent to v/hlookup
function in Excel?

I have tried a few of your answers, maybe I have missed one or two,
but it still wouldn't work.

This macro is from a book about Excel and VBA 2003. I am learning the
basic of VBA programming from there.

Hope this can help you help me.

Cheers,
Pascal