Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Start up window

I am using Excel 2003. Every time I start Excel, I get a pop up window with
the title Microsoft Visual Basic. The message in the window says "File not
found". What is the cause and how can it be avoided?

Also my Excel program is set to open up with my Personal Macro Workbook open
but hidden, which is how I would like it. Every time I exit from Excel, I
get a window that asks if I want to save changes to your Personal Macro
Workbook. I then have to wait for some some before it reconfigures itself.
Can I avoid this?

Thanks very much,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the Application.DisplayAlerts = False
to rid of the prompt to Save.

Sounds like you Personal Macro cannot find the Workbook it is looking for, or another i would check
this macro for what it is looking for.

Corey....
"Ricki Miles" wrote in message ...
I am using Excel 2003. Every time I start Excel, I get a pop up window with
the title Microsoft Visual Basic. The message in the window says "File not
found". What is the cause and how can it be avoided?

Also my Excel program is set to open up with my Personal Macro Workbook open
but hidden, which is how I would like it. Every time I exit from Excel, I
get a window that asks if I want to save changes to your Personal Macro
Workbook. I then have to wait for some some before it reconfigures itself.
Can I avoid this?

Thanks very much,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like you may have a volatile formula in the Personal.xls, such as
=TODAY(). When a workbook opens with a volatile formula, the workbook is
marked as dirty, so you will be asked to save it when it closes.

--
---
HTH

Bob