Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Ed Ed is offline

Default HELP: Error creating email from Excel (Office 2003)

I did this at home using Win98SE and Office Pro 2000, and it worked fine.

' Create email
Dim OL As Object
Dim EmailItem As Object

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set OL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With EmailItem

I'm trying to run down an inventory list and send late users a reminder
email. At home, it was fine. I get to work to use it, where I'm running
Windows XP Pro and Office 2003, and I get
Run-time error 40036
Application-defined or user-defined error
on the line
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)

Can someone help straighten this out for me?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Default Error creating email from Excel (Office 2003)

Hi Ed

If you use object use

CreateItem(0)

For more info look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ed" wrote in message ...
I did this at home using Win98SE and Office Pro 2000, and it worked fine.

' Create email
Dim OL As Object
Dim EmailItem As Object

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set OL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With EmailItem

I'm trying to run down an inventory list and send late users a reminder
email. At home, it was fine. I get to work to use it, where I'm running
Windows XP Pro and Office 2003, and I get
Run-time error 40036
Application-defined or user-defined error
on the line
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)

Can someone help straighten this out for me?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Ed Ed is offline

Hi, Ron. I ran all around your site and Dick's last week and could not get
anything to work except at home. Maybe there's something in the security
stuff here that's blocking it.
Ed

"Ed" wrote in message
I did this at home using Win98SE and Office Pro 2000, and it worked fine.

' Create email
Dim OL As Object
Dim EmailItem As Object

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set OL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With EmailItem

I'm trying to run down an inventory list and send late users a reminder
email. At home, it was fine. I get to work to use it, where I'm running
Windows XP Pro and Office 2003, and I get
Run-time error 40036
Application-defined or user-defined error
on the line
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)

Can someone help straighten this out for me?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Hi Ed

Download the example workbooks on my site for Outlook and see if you
have problems when you test the examples

--

"Ed" wrote in message
I did this at home using Win98SE and Office Pro 2000, and it worked fine.

' Create email
Dim OL As Object
Dim EmailItem As Object

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set OL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With EmailItem

I'm trying to run down an inventory list and send late users a reminder
email. At home, it was fine. I get to work to use it, where I'm running
Windows XP Pro and Office 2003, and I get
Run-time error 40036
Application-defined or user-defined error
on the line
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(olMailItem)

Can someone help straighten this out for me?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Never mind, Ron. Thanks so much for chiming in. There were so many errors
that I abandoned Excel altogether, and wrote my data into a Word doc and
used the mailing code there. Everything runs clean (I could do that because
I just needed to send a text message - I didn't have to attach a workbook or
worksheet).

As long as it all works, I'm not going to bother digging into the other
errors. I'd likely run afoul of the IT police!