Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Gantt Chart. Schedule vs Actual

I have a Gantt Chart from Walkenbach Excel 2000 Bible Gold edition,
where for each activity row
you have a bar for Scheduled Start and one for Actual Start.

I got that sample from the 2000 Bible CD, but I gave away my 2000
Books to the local library,
and I am trying to figure the step by step sequence, though I don't
remember seeing it in the book.

It is not included in his Excel Charts.

If you can have time to enlightten me, I would appreciate.

Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wayne,
I have a 1997 workbook (from Microsoft) with a Timeline - floating bar chart.
It includes instructions on creating the chart.
It's a nice looking chart that I still may find a use for one day.

Glad to send you a copy of the workbook; send an email request
with your name and location to...
XX (remove the xxx)

--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"u473" wrote in message
I have a Gantt Chart from Walkenbach Excel 2000 Bible Gold edition,
where for each activity row
you have a bar for Scheduled Start and one for Actual Start.

I got that sample from the 2000 Bible CD, but I gave away my 2000
Books to the local library,
and I am trying to figure the step by step sequence, though I don't
remember seeing it in the book.

It is not included in his Excel Charts.
If you can have time to enlightten me, I would appreciate.
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Having donated the book to the library, won't they let you check it out?!

But Jim's offer is probably your best bet...

Another option, seriously, go to nearest Borders or Barnes & Noble and look
for Walkenbach's (Microsoft Office) Excel 2003 Formulas, Wiley Press, ISBN:
0-7645-4073-4, and open it up to page 458 - layout for data is on that page,
instructions for setting up the chart, the 10-steps to setting up the chart
begin on page 459.