Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Skip LOC in D While Loop

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if the below scenario is possible. I'm trying to
do this using Excel VBA. Basically if results equals to zero, I do
not want any of the next lines of code to be executed and the code to
loop again. I know I can simply use a GoTO statement using a label
but trying to avoid spaghetti code. Any suggestions please

Function abc As String

Do while (condition is not met)

code line 1
code line 2
results = code line 3

if (results = 0) = True Then goto end of Loop

code line 4
code line 5
code line 6

Loop

End Function

Thank you
Khurram

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe your code will work, but I have one suggestion. Change the IF
statement to execute the code if the results does not equal zero. Normally a
good habit is to execute the Lines if TRUE instead of bypassing them.

Generic Format:

IF true, THEN
execute code
END IF

if results < 0 Then
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
End if

LOOP

Good Luck,
Les

"Khurram" wrote:

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if the below scenario is possible. I'm trying to
do this using Excel VBA. Basically if results equals to zero, I do
not want any of the next lines of code to be executed and the code to
loop again. I know I can simply use a GoTO statement using a label
but trying to avoid spaghetti code. Any suggestions please

Function abc As String

Do while (condition is not met)

code line 1
code line 2
results = code line 3

if (results = 0) = True Then goto end of Loop

code line 4
code line 5
code line 6

Loop

End Function

Thank you
Khurram

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Interesting, Thank you Les, I will adhere to your advice.

Cheers
Khurram

"Khurram" wrote:
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if the below scenario is possible. I'm trying to
do this using Excel VBA. Basically if results equals to zero, I do
not want any of the next lines of code to be executed and the code to
loop again. I know I can simply use a GoTO statement using a label
but trying to avoid spaghetti code. Any suggestions please

Function abc As String

Do while (condition is not met)

code line 1
code line 2
results = code line 3

if (results = 0) = True Then goto end of Loop

code line 4
code line 5
code line 6

Loop

End Function

Thank you
Khurram- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -