Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Values of Cells On other Workbooks without Opening Thm

Hi!
I'm trying to retrieve values of certain cells in certain worksheets of
certain workbooks. However, these Workbook files are often used by several
users and so I would like to just discreetly get the values in the
background, so hat it wouldn't interfere with the usage of other users. I've
tried Excel "far" referencing (e.g. 'D:\MainUser\[Bisets.xls]Tries'!$B$10)
and Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro function call. However, I got an error
400 out of that.
Other searches I've made all points to using Workbook.Open method (I guess
I'll really have to use this if there're no other options).
Can anyone give any suggestions? Thanks!
_________
Clifford

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

why not just paste a link to the data you want? It updates without
the source being open (from the saved version of the souce if it is
already open).

You can do this with VBA, only if you (using VBA) write the formulas
to a cell, get the value of the cell, then if you wish, you can clear
the cell contents.

Rob