Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Line Feed in Formula Bar

I'm having a problem dealing with an imported file that contains strings that
have a some kind of line feed in the formula bar. For example, the words
"ADR Ticker" appear on two different lines inside the formula bar, apparently
with a line feed between them, and unless I manually go into the formula bar
and eliminate the line feed, the string in the cell does not equal "ADR
Ticker" without a line feed.

I tried inserting Chr(13) into my string formula in VBA, as shown below, but
it didn't work:

If Trim(Range("F3").Value) < "ADR " & Chr(13) & "Ticker" Then
....do something

Any ideas will be appreciated.