Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check for instance of Internet Explorer

Hello Excel experts,

Couple of questions about Internet Explorer and Excel.
Whats the vba code to check if IE is running and if so, how many browser
windows are open? I want to close all windows but one. If Internet
Explorer is not running whats the code to open IE?

It would be very nice when i could read a page and bring some info from
the current browser window to excel. I know that i can do that by using
an web query but that's so time consuming. Are there alternatives?

Suppose i want the info from page:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:gso20r8aq48n
Can i get that without using a webquery?

Thanks in advance.
--
With Kind Regards,
BBert

April 20, 1986
Celtics (135) - Bulls (131)
Larry Bird: "God disguised as Michael Jordan"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is some code here to check if IE is running.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a23b0a d2b9cd

You could probably modify to find how many IEs are running. I don't
know how to close them.

The following will get you to a webpage. I don't know how to extract
what you want.
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
ie.Visible = True
ie.Navigate "put url here"

Hth,
Merjet