Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MJ MJ is offline

Default Formula or Macro

Which would be the easiest way to accomplish the following task in your
opinion.
I have 4 sheets that will have data entered from 4 separate teams (1
sheet assigned to each team). The data will be in cells A through E and
only occupy one line per entry on the 4 sheets.

They want the data from the 4 sheets to be auto-copied to a 5th sheet
(Summary page) and also automatically copy the data from one line to
the next, to the next. I know how to make the data copy to the 5th
sheet, just not start a new line (or sheet eventually) each time it is
entered one the original and copied to the Summary page. Any help would
be great. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The requirement to automatically detect when you've run out of room and need
to move to a new sheet (and when that new sheet exists and therefore must be
the 'receiver' of the copied data) pretty much dictates that you're going to
have to use VBA. There is no built-in formula in Excel to automatically
either add a new sheet or insert a new row.

To automatically copy a new entry from any of the 4 individual team sheets
to the 5th (and 6th) summary sheets would also require VBA (macro).

I'm thinking that in the long run this will probably be a little involved
and you may want to work more directly with someone on the project. There is
information needed such as when/how do you decide that the 5th sheet is full
and you need a 6th one? Just no more rows to write to on it? Some
pre-determined number of rows used on it? Things like that.

I'd be willing to assist with that if you would like. Just need a copy of
the workbook attached to an email to (remove spaces) HelpFrom @
jlathamsite.com along with an explanation of things like I asked above.
Otherwise, just post here that you'll continue to seek assistance in this
discussion.

"MJ" wrote:

Which would be the easiest way to accomplish the following task in your
opinion.
I have 4 sheets that will have data entered from 4 separate teams (1
sheet assigned to each team). The data will be in cells A through E and
only occupy one line per entry on the 4 sheets.

They want the data from the 4 sheets to be auto-copied to a 5th sheet
(Summary page) and also automatically copy the data from one line to
the next, to the next. I know how to make the data copy to the 5th
sheet, just not start a new line (or sheet eventually) each time it is
entered one the original and copied to the Summary page. Any help would
be great. Thanks.

Macro or Formula terilad Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 March 5th 10 09:49 PM
Formula in Macro nc Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 19th 09 10:00 AM
macro or formula CMD Excel Programming 2 October 4th 06 08:58 PM
Formula expected end of statement error, typing formula into cell as part of VBA macro [email protected] Excel Programming 1 July 20th 06 07:58 PM
Sum Formula in Macro Tim U[_2_] Excel Programming 3 June 9th 05 02:18 PM