Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide Rows

Hi Al

You can autofilter on the date

Date in U5

Is this the date you want to see ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Al" wrote in message ...
Hello
I have a daily data sheet that is laid out as follows Date in U5 and data
entered in rows 6-46. I would like to make a months worth of sheets on one
worksheet repeating the samel ayout. How can I hide all rows except for the
current day?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Al

Use this tip to fill the dates in the empty cells in column U
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

Now you can use Autofilter

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Al" wrote in message ...
Im not sure I understand....

For instance
A B C U
5 1/24/2007
6
7
8
46
47 1/25/2007
48
49
50
88
89 1/26/2007

Today I only want to see rows 5-46
Tomorrow rows 47-88 etc.
By Filter or Macro I just dont know how to do it..

Hope this clears it up some

Thanks!

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Al

You can autofilter on the date

Date in U5

"Al" wrote in message ...
Hello
I have a daily data sheet that is laid out as follows Date in U5 and data
entered in rows 6-46. I would like to make a months worth of sheets on one
worksheet repeating the samel ayout. How can I hide all rows except for the
current day?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Your example not show any data in the other rows
Send me your example workbook private then I can see your data

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Al" wrote in message ...
Sorry Ron I guess I still havent given enough information. There is other
data aready in column U in the other rows.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Al

You can autofilter on the date

Date in U5

"Al" wrote in message ...
Hello
I have a daily data sheet that is laid out as follows Date in U5 and data
entered in rows 6-46. I would like to make a months worth of sheets on one
worksheet repeating the samel ayout. How can I hide all rows except for the
current day?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Al want to show only the 44 rows of todays date.
In column A there is every 44 rows a date and in the other cell there is normal data

I send him this example

Sub Find_Todays_Date()
Dim FindString As Date
Dim rng As Range

FindString = Date
Rows(5 & ":" & Rows.Count).Hidden = False

With Sheets("Daily Log").Range("A:A")
Set rng = .Find(What:=FindString, _
After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
If Not rng Is Nothing Then

Rows(5 & ":" & Rows.Count).Hidden = True
Rows(rng.Row & ":" & rng.Row + 43).Hidden = False
Application.Goto rng, True
Else
MsgBox "Nothing found"
End If
End With

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Al

You can autofilter on the date

Date in U5

"Al" wrote in message ...
Hello
I have a daily data sheet that is laid out as follows Date in U5 and data
entered in rows 6-46. I would like to make a months worth of sheets on one
worksheet repeating the samel ayout. How can I hide all rows except for the
current day?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron for posting the solution...
Rob

On Jan 24, 12:49 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
[...]

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in . ..

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Al

You can autofilter on the date

Date in U5
Is this the date you want to see ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Al" wrote in ...
Hello
I have a daily data sheet that is laid out as follows Date in U5 and data
entered in rows 6-46. I would like to make a months worth of sheets on one
worksheet repeating the samel ayout. How can I hide all rows except for the
current day?
Thanks!- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -