Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Email Error

I am getting a 'General Mail Failure' at the following line. It is
supposed to email the active file. The funny thing is it works 100% on
3 of the 4 comptuters at work and 75% of the time on the 4th. Sometimes
a reboot will get in back running properly on the 4th computer, other
times not. I can not seem to narrow down any significant difference in
the computers. Any idea where to start looking?

Code the error occurs:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show
", Arg2:="E-Mail Order for Account " +
acctname2

Here is the whole macro:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Sheets("Trade Sheet").Select
Range("p3").Select
acctname = Selection.Value
Range("g2").Select
acctname2 = Selection.Value

Columns("A:G").Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\MODEL\Trading\blk trd ticket.xls"
Range("a1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Windows("STOCKS.xls").Activate
Range("G4").Select
Selection.Copy

Windows("blk trd ticket.xls").Activate
Range("G4").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Cells.Select

Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("A7:G108").Select
Range("G7").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<"
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A8"), Order1:=xlDescending,
Key2:=Range("B8") _
, Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, OrderCustom:=1,
MatchCase:=False _
, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="F:\MODEL\Trading\Email Tickets\" +
acctname + ".xls", FileFormat _
:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="",
ReadOnlyRecommended:= _
False, CreateBackup:=False

Range("a1").Activate

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show
", Arg2:="E-Mail Order for Account " +
acctname2

Workbooks(acctname + ".xls").Close SaveChanges:=False
Windows("STOCKS.xls").Activate
ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode = False

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi mburkett

Check out
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

Post back if this help you or not

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"mburkett" wrote in message s.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 23, 11:24 am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi mburkett

Check outhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

Post back if this help you or not

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"mburkett" wrote in legroups.com...
[...]

Thank you for any help you can provide.- Hide quoted text -

This solved the problem. Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

More information please

Excel version ?
Errors ?
Mail program ?

--

"mburkett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 20, 11:49 am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
More information please

Excel version ?
Errors ?
Mail program ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"srd" wrote in ...

"mburkett" wrote:

[...]

This solved the problem. Thank you for your help- Hide quoted text -

Excel Version: 2003
Errors: None now. I can't remember the exact error message from before
but it was termed "General Mail Error"
Mail Program: Outlook 2003