Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating auto-update ability

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a function/sub that will automatically push data
from an excel sheet out into Access in order to log history of this
specific sheet.

I have everything set up within access including the necessary macro
and linked tables. I am having a problem with the vba code within excel
however.

There are 6 seperate updatable cell ranges in my worksheet that pull
from a seperate workbook. An email is dispatched from this seperate
workbook when any of the 6 is updated on the other end. This can happen
in any order. So what needs to happen is, when all 6 have been updated,
excel needs to open access and run the macro in access that is already
set up.

Its not too difficult sounding. When any cell range is updated, it also
returns a date that it was updated last. So when all dates match the
current date, then access should open. I created a custom function that
looked at these dates and just returned a TRUE/FALSE if they matched or
did not match the current date. The trouble with this is that, once all
are updated and the data is pushed out to access, the custom function
still reads TRUE, and so the process seems to happen endlessly.

I need a way to interrupt this loop somehow. Can someone help me out?
This seems so easy, but I just cant find a way to interrupt it.

Thanks
-SD