Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default active offset

It's not clear to me what you are trying to do but this will MOVE a cell to
another worksheet withOUT any selections of any kind. This is a ONE liner
that I split using the continuation _ to prevent word wrap.

Sub cutpaste()
Sheets("sheet10").Range("d16").Cut _
Destination:=Sheets("sheet9").Range("G1")
End Sub

without the split
Sheets("sheet10").Range("d16").Cut Destination:=Sheets("sheet9").Range("G1")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
never used this. Am trying to call sub desc_1 with a macro in m16 of"
data".
This takes me to a diff wksheet "desc". I then input data. Want ot cut and
paste the cell back to L16 of"data" i called from. This would be offset 1.
following is the subs I am trying to work with. Can I declare m16 of
sheet
the active cell?
Old Dog New Tricks
Thanks

Sub Desc_1()
'
' Desc_1 Macro
' Macro recorded 1/11/2007 by Default
'
Range("N16").Select
Sheets("Desc").Select
Range("A2").Select
Rows("2:2").RowHeight = 78
Columns("A:A").ColumnWidth = 39
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
.VerticalAlignment = xlTop
.WrapText = True
.Orientation = 0
.AddIndent = False
.ShrinkToFit = False
.MergeCells = False
End With
Selection.Locked = True
Selection.FormulaHidden = False
End Sub
Sub Desc_1A()
'
' Desc_2 Macro
' Macro recorded 1/11/2007 by Default
'
Range("A2").Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("Data").Select
Range("M16").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.VerticalAlignment = xlCenter
.WrapText = True
.Orientation = 0
.AddIndent = False
.ShrinkToFit = True
.MergeCells = False
End With
Selection.Locked = True
Selection.FormulaHidden = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can probably have a much simpler looping macro. Why not give us much
more info.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
I am trying to use the active cell offset so as not to have to have a
procedure for each cell. This operation must be done repeated times.
Trying
to figure how to write one procedure that can reference where called from
so
as to call it the active cell to offset from. This way all I need to do is
call this procedure from the cells in repeated moves.May be up to 150
times
to enter data to use this method. If I can keep from having to use
addresses
in each call that is what I am after I think. It is hard to explain and
for
another to grasp.
I will toy with what you sent and see what I can do
Thanks

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Will try. column 'M & N' are on sheet data. Going to sheet desc 'A2' I
enlarge a cell to accept 234 charcaters. This cell I wish to copy back to
column 'M' on data. The columns 'M&N' may be 150 long. Am trying to figure
how to use active cell reference from desc A2 to column 'M' on data. Each
cell in data col 'M' will have different text entry when entered. The code I
built will do the job if I rewrite it for every cell in column and chg
reference addresses. If a active cell reference can be established then all I
have to do is call the procedurs from a cell in column 'N' in data to go to
'A2' desc.
Description Enter Data
'M' 'N' Has buttons from forms bar with macro assignment
Then have text in 'A2' on desc returned to Active cell offset 1 on data
can column 'N' be reference as active cell with form controls over cell?
Hope this is understandable
Hope I didn't mud it to much
Thanks

Thanks

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hope you get this one first. Got away from screen and helped with reply.
Ihave a macro in column 'N?' in data wksheet. This macro calls a procedure
that formats and sets up desc wksheet cell A2. text is then entered. Now need
to be able to cut & paste 'A2' to Active cell 'N?' offset to column 'Mcell?'
Useing an active cell ref all I have to do for each cell is call procedure.
Thanks for Your Patiance.

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Send your workbook, with code and details of what you want and I will have a
look.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

when I try to copy it will not let me paste? Don't know why.This is code for
copy not right.
Sub active_offset()
Range("a2").Select
Selection.Cut
------------------------trouble from here
Sheets("data").Select
Range("active cell").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Value = "desc,a2"
ActiveSheet.Paste
I am in wksheet desc want to cut then paste to active cell offset wksheet
data active cell
Thanks for your effort I greatly appreciate it

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you INSIST on doing it this way, you need to specify the cell. There is
no such thing as range("activecell")

Sub cutpaste()
Sheets("sheet10").Range("d16").Cut _
Destination:=Sheets("sheet9").Range("a1").offset( etc

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is not my idea to not send workbook. I can not get it to paste into reply.
Is there a way to go from wksheet desc to wksheet data to get to the cell it
was called from as an active cell for pasteing offset. I am trying to not
have to have a procedure for each cell. I can do it by defining each cell in
column. Is ther a way to use this to get a2 from wks to another wks Guess I
am after something that doesn't exist. Thanks so much You are appreciated

'ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Value = "data"
does this only work one way

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

to send a file to me
reply to me or compose a new message using my emailinsertfile
attachmentetc

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Post your final solution for the benefit of all.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
Just to let you know. This old dog finnaly got it to work.
Thanks again for the support you and others give.
My Appreciation

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To get from one sheet to the other must be in cell where data is to go but
this is what worked for me. It can be copied for the whole column
Thanks to all
Option Explicit

Sub active_offset()
Dim data As Worksheet

Range("a2").Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("Data").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As long as you are happy with doing it this way we will not try to confuse
you further.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is less confusing when you endeavor to learn to do it more efficiently
and properly. I suspect you are doing a LOT more than is necessary or
desirable.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Curt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ran up against a sort problem. Have code that will sort numerically but will
not move rows when it sorts on column. Not sure how to get rows into this
code. Useing column D for sort have a pull down in this column. This could be
changed to A if needed. Will paste the code that sorts. Hope having rows to
column M go with sort moveent. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Dim cell As Range
Dim rng As Range
Dim rng1 As Range
For Each cell In Range("D16")
Set rng = Range(cell, cell.End(xlDown))
cell.Offset(0, 1).EntireColumn.Insert
Set rng1 = cell.Offset(0, 1).Resize(rng.Count, 1)
rng1.Formula = "=Countif(" & rng(1).Address(1, 1) & _
":" & rng(1).Address(0, 0) & "," & _
rng(1).Address(0, 0) & ")"
rng1.Formula = rng1.Value
Range(cell, cell.Offset(0, 1)).Resize(rng.Count).Sort _
key1:=cell.Offset(0, 1), Order1:=xlAscending, _
key2:=cell, Order2:=xlAscending
cell.Offset(0, 1).EntireColumn.Delete
Next