Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro runs when workbook is saved, but only with vba change...

Hi All,

I'm looking to implement some pretty simple version controlling
processes on our model (which is basically a collection of excel
spreadsheets with lots of custom vba underneath)... Obviously part of
this would involve having version stamps in the title of any given
file, eg data_cruncher_v_1.xls might become data_cruncher_v_1.1.xls
after a change is made to the vba in it.

I'd like this incrementation of version stamps to be as easy as
possible, and not require the developers to have to do it by hand.

I'd also like the version stamps to increase *only* if the vba is
changed and saved - not if there are any changes to data held on
spreadsheets within the xls workbook.

My question is this: is it possible to have a macro run (which would do
all the renaming etc) when the workbook is saved (trivial) but more
specifically, only when there has been a change to any of the vba
within a workbook and it is saved.

Any help would be appreciated - I've had a look through this group for
similar and not been able to find anything, but sincere apologies if
this question has already been asked previously.

Many thanks

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Can your saving code not put up a messagebox asking the person doing
the changing, if changes have been made? YES would then set some
boolean to TRUE and away you go.
I'd say it is difficult to detect changes automatically as deleting a
word then retyping it must flag as a change.
regards
Paul