Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default saving data in notepad

Here's code that will write B3 and B5:B10 to a text file. I don't understand
the rest of your post.

Dim FName As String
Dim FNum As Integer
Dim Rng As Range
FName = "C:\Test.txt" '<<<< CHANGE
FNum = FreeFile
Open FName For Output Access Write As #FNum
Print #FNum, Range("B3").Text
For Each Rng In Range("B5:B10")
Print #FNum, Rng.Text
Next Rng
Close #FNum

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"timmulla" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has user inputs in cells B1 & B2. These user
inputs are feeding feeding lookups functions in range B5:B10 and cell B3.

I'm trying to write a macro that will automatically change the user inputs
in cells B1 & B2, then copy the range in cells B5:B10 and save this data
in a
notepad file. I would like the notepad file to be named based on the text
in
cell B3.

timmulla