Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change of date format in footer

I have a custom footer and used the date button to have it show the date,
but my boss wants it to show in a different date format, specifically:

16-Jan-07

How do I modify the "[Date]" that the button inserted in the footer to have
this revised format?

Thanks!
Dean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You must use VBA for that Dean

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dean" wrote in message ...
I have a custom footer and used the date button to have it show the date,
but my boss wants it to show in a different date format, specifically:

16-Jan-07

How do I modify the "[Date]" that the button inserted in the footer to have
this revised format?

Thanks!
Dean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This looks like great stuff to have, Ron. Thanks so much. I have
bookmarked it - is a textbook to follow someday?

I don't see that it specifically addresses what I need at this moment,
however. Perhaps it is implied in one of your many topics. Can you help?

By the way, do you mean that I would have to run a macro every time I wanted
to print any worksheet?

Dean

"Dean" wrote in message
I have a custom footer and used the date button to have it show the date,
but my boss wants it to show in a different date format, specifically:

16-Jan-07

How do I modify the "[Date]" that the button inserted in the footer to
have this revised format?

Thanks!
Dean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dean

This is event code that run automatic if you press the print button
Be sure you copy it in the Thisworkbook module

You see the Format function in the example that display the date as you want it

Use this

Dim wkSht As Worksheet
For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Date : " & _
Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yyyy")
Next wkSht