Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default About Save Workspaces

Hi,

Can anyone give me any appropriate example why the Save Workspaces is
used.

Whats the Purpose

and in which circustances they are being used

Akash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Akash,
It produces a file listing all the open workbook and their position in the
Excel window.
So if you double click that workspace file may called "resume.xlw", it open
those same files and positions as before.
It you often work with the same files, it means you do not have to open
separately.

NickHK

"Akash" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Can anyone give me any appropriate example why the Save Workspaces is
used.

Whats the Purpose

and in which circustances they are being used

Akash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Akash

If you open multiple windows or multiple workbooks for example. Save as
workspace will save them as a 'pack' so that when you re-open, all the
workbooks will re-open and multiple windows will be saved as you left them,
say tiled, cascaded, side-by-side, etc.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge