Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default field names

Hi there

I find this forum a huge help and spend a lot of time searching for answers
to the problems I wish to solve. I am relatively OK with VBA but thats it OK.

here is my problem as simply as possible.

I have a form built using Excel a number of ranges are saved (using template
wizard) to a spreadsheet there are around 60 columns each with their own
"field name" (as template wizard sets them up). The form provides a panel
with information to determine spending in a social services enviornment.

When the form is saved the data is sent to spreadsheet.

Later a query to the spreadsheet raises a report, it pulls up say 20 of the
colum based on a perimeter of say date. Panel will agree or not agree to
spend money. either way they need to enter a decision on the panel report.

I want take the colum headings from the weekly report. find the id key in
the spreadsheet and then match the heading in the report to the heading in
the spreadsheet and put the value in place.

so in simpler terms (i hope)

colums in spreadhseet:( just using five as example)

Name caremanager office paneldate panel decision idkey

collumns in weekly report:
name office paneldate decision idkey

there may be as many as 120 rows in weekly report the link is the idkey
which will identify row

if you can see what i am trying to do please help I have lost the plot

Paul