Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook_BeforeClose in Personal.xls

Why don't you just put in the BeforeClose of the particular workbook?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"btee" wrote in message
I would like to run a macro whenever a workbook is closed (with or without
saving) in Excel. I tried to do this by placing the code in the
Workbook_BeforeClose in Personal.xls and making it Public. It didn't
work!

Is there anyway to do this? I'm aware of Auto_Close, but I want this to
happen on the Workbook, not App.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like you need this:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

NickHK

"btee" wrote in message
We have a product called Essbase that users connect to through Excel
spreadsheets. Many times, they fail to disconnect leaving multiple

sessions
hanging after the workbook is closed - and, tying up the server. If this
code is in their Personal.xls file, it will automatically disconnect their
sessions.