Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format date macro

I tried to make a macro to format the date into the configuration I
need. It is going from 01/01/2007 to 2007-01-01

It is part of a larger macro that does a host of things but this part
was:

Columns("M:M").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yyyy-mm-dd"

Columns("J:J").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yyyy-mm-dd"

however, when I run the macro the date comes out as 01-01-tuesday.
Does any one know what might be happening here and how i can fix it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like you are using

Columns("M:M").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yyyy-mm-dddd"

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Dagonini" wrote in message
ups.com...
I tried to make a macro to format the date into the configuration I
need. It is going from 01/01/2007 to 2007-01-01

It is part of a larger macro that does a host of things but this part
was:

Columns("M:M").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yyyy-mm-dd"

Columns("J:J").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yyyy-mm-dd"

however, when I run the macro the date comes out as 01-01-tuesday.
Does any one know what might be happening here and how i can fix it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm still having problems. Could it be that I am not saving correctly
because I am saving as a .CSV? Does a .CSV file not always keep the
formatting?

Bob Phillips wrote:
Sounds like you are using

Columns("M:M").Select