Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide/unhide specific cells based on the dropdown list value

Hi

I'd like to hide/unhide multiple cells when selecting a certain value in the
dropdown list. All cells are merged cells.

e.g. I have created a cell as a dropdown list containing "group A" and
"group B" using validation. I'd like to hide group B related cells when
"group A" is selected in the dropdown list; and vice-versa.

How can I do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assumed you have named the cells with names to match those in the dropdown
list

for a Data Validation dropdown in Cell A1

Activesheet.Rows.Hidden = False
Range(Range("A1").Value).EntireRow.Hidden = True

Tom Ogilvy