Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Decimal problems

What error do you get?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"excelent" wrote in message ...
| This kode works fine when i put integer numbers like 1 or 11 or 13
| in column G, but if i put 1,1 or 1,11 or 12,2 it return an error why ?
| (Excell 2003 DK) by the way input like 1.1 (1 dot 1) is text in DK way
|
| Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
| If Intersect(Target, Range("G:G")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
| If IsNumeric(Target) Then Target = "=" & Target
| End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I set my decimal separator to comma, it works fine for me. That is, I don't get an error. I don't see what you're trying to do,
though.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"excelent" wrote in message ...
| run-time error 1004
| Application-defined or Object-defined error
|

| "Niek Otten" skrev:
|
| What error do you get?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "excelent" wrote in message ...
| | This kode works fine when i put integer numbers like 1 or 11 or 13
| | in column G, but if i put 1,1 or 1,11 or 12,2 it return an error why ?
| | (Excell 2003 DK) by the way input like 1.1 (1 dot 1) is text in DK way
| |
| | Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
| | If Intersect(Target, Range("G:G")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
| | If IsNumeric(Target) Then Target = "=" & Target
| | End Sub
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That was when I set it in Excel. But if I set it to comma in Windows (Control Panel) I do get the same error as you get.
Some international settings don't get through to VBA; I knew about dates, but it looks like this is another one.
I don't know of any remedy, apart from (temporarily) change your system settings.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Niek Otten" wrote in message ...
| If I set my decimal separator to comma, it works fine for me. That is, I don't get an error. I don't see what you're trying to
do,
| though.
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "excelent" wrote in message ...
|| run-time error 1004
|| Application-defined or Object-defined error
|| "Niek Otten" skrev:
|| What error do you get?
|| --
|| Kind regards,
|| Niek Otten
|| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|| "excelent" wrote in message ...
|| | This kode works fine when i put integer numbers like 1 or 11 or 13
|| | in column G, but if i put 1,1 or 1,11 or 12,2 it return an error why ?
|| | (Excell 2003 DK) by the way input like 1.1 (1 dot 1) is text in DK way
|| |
|| | Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
|| | If Intersect(Target, Range("G:G")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
|| | If IsNumeric(Target) Then Target = "=" & Target
|| | End Sub
|| |