Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formating on column matches

Select column A to bottom of range.

FormatCFFormula is: =A1=B1 Format to Yellow Pattern and OK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:26:00 -0800, Mikey B
wrote:

I have what I thought was a simple idea but after reading these boards I have
yet to figure a way to make this work.
I would appreciate any help.

I have a sheet with 20,000 records.
I want to check each field in column A with each field adjacent to it in
column B and have the results show a highlight in column A if it matches
column B.

example: A1,A2, A7 should be highlighted (yellow)
A B
1. 111 111
2. 222 222
3. 333