Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-in w/toolbar crashes on one of many company machines

Hello--I have written a series of macros, attached them to a toolbar
and saved them as an add-in for my co-workers to use. The macros had
been working well on many machines for 4 months, but when a co-worker
successfully installed my add-in on his new laptop and tried to run one
of the macros, Excel crashes and gives the message:
"Microsoft Excel encountered a problem and needs to close. Information
may be lost."

I am somewhat of a VB newbie and have no idea where to begin without an
error message. Any suggestions of where to look and what might solve
the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
-Abe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So the most likely/plausible culprit is a specific line of code?

-Abe

Charles Chickering wrote:
Abe, single-step throught the problematic Sub Routine then post the line that
cause Excel to take a dump. (F8 is the shortcut key to single-step)
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."