Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Beginner

In Excel, you can either code directly into the workbook using VBA, create
separate addins (which are also workbooks, but separate), also in VBA, write
VB COM addins or DLLs, or C++ DLLs.

You can also write XLLs in C++, but not being a C programmer I know little
about these.

If you want to use the .NET architecture, you must be using Excel 2003 or
2007, previous versions do not support it.

Macros are chunks of code written in VBA, with formal structure and
declaration.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ben" wrote in message

Can you please tell me what are the ways for programming Excel worksheets?
I heard about macros and vba. That's it. What are the diferrences between
them?
Can I also program worksheets in C#? That's my preffered language. If it's
more powerful than macros and vba, then that would be the way to go for

me.

Thanks,
Ben