Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste, clear and ignore contents and... automatically!

Hello!

I would like to know if Excel is able to do the following task:

- I have a sheet with an almost entire column formatted as date. Would it be
possible that, arriving to those cells with the tab key, the content of the
clipboard were pasted automatically? Of course, if the cell is yet filled,
it wouldn't change.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I forgot to say that when Excel is opened, there is a prepared
content in the Clipboard ready to be pasted (via a script). That content is
what I want to be automatically inserted when those cells are selected...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See the responses to the thread "Convert text from clipboard and put in
cells..." in this NG.

NickHK

"Alok" wrote in message
Hi Pepe,

In my opinion Excel cannot just Paste. In other words you have to use

Excel
to Copy and then having done that, Excel can paste from clipboardd.

(Others
may contradict me on this)

If you want to copy say what is in cell A1 and the column in which you

want
this functionalility is Column A then the following will do the job. (the
copy will take place whether you come to the column using a tab or using a
mouse or arrow keys)

If Target.Column = 1 And Target.Row 1 Then
If Target.Cells(1).Value = "" Then
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Copy _
Destination:=Target.Cells(1)

"Pepe (Madrid)" wrote:

Hello!

I would like to know if Excel is able to do the following task:

- I have a sheet with an almost entire column formatted as date. Would

it be
possible that, arriving to those cells with the tab key, the content of

the
clipboard were pasted automatically? Of course, if the cell is yet

filled,
it wouldn't change.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello again! Thanks to your base code, I've been able to modify it and to
make it to work... Thanks again!!!

If ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "dd-mm-yy" Then
If ActiveCell.Value = "" Then
ActiveCell.PasteSpecial

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your interest... you will see in the above post I've got it...
thanks!