Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I get Excel to jump to the next row using VB code?

Hello!

I am in need of some code that will allow an end-user to jump to the
next text entry area in a locked spreadsheet (go to the next unlocked
row). I tired to use OFFSET(x,x) but that didn't seem to want to jump
to the next text entry area but to just move off to the OFFSET values.
I am assuming it would be like hitting the ENTER key but I tried using
SENDKEY commands to but that didn't work either...so I am completely
stumped on this one. I basically need Excel to recognize the fact that
the locked feilds can not be entered into only the unlocked feilds are
where the end-user will type information into....Any help is much
appreciated!!

EXAMPLE

NAME: John Smith (B3) - Unlocked

* * END USER PRESSES BUTTON THAT JUMPS TO THE NEXT UNLOCKED CELL * *

ADDRESS: 120 FROG LANE (B12)

* * END USER PRESSES BUTTON THAT JUMPS TO THE NEXT UNLOCKED CELL * *

CITY: POKERTOWN (B13)

* * END USER PRESSES BUTTON THAT JUMPS TO THE NEXT UNLOCKED CELL * *

ZIP: 55511 (B14)

* * END USER PRESSES BUTTON THAT JUMPS TO THE NEXT UNLOCKED CELL * *

STATE: AZ (B15)

* * END USER PRESSES BUTTON THAT JUMPS TO THE NEXT UNLOCKED CELL * *

PHONE: ????????????? (UNKNOWN LOCATION BUT WILL BE A UNLOCKED CELL)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello!
Your user would use the tab key. Excel is designed to tab neatly between
unprotected cells in a protected sheet.
If you don't think your users will remember to tab between data entry
points, you can look up the sendkeys method and the tab key is listed there.
Please let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance. Thanks.
Doug