Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select All,Copy All and Paste Special Question

Lookup Transpose in the Help. In Excel 2003 copy and paste areas cannot
overlap.

Try using a non-overlapping area. Also make sure that after you transpose
the Excel limits in terms of number of columns are not exceeded. For instance
you cannot take an area made up of 1000 rows and say 5 columns and Transpose
it since Excel cannot accomodate more than 256 columns.

Alok

"swaroop" wrote:

Hi All,
I have a set of values in worksheet.
I want to transpose the data in the worksheet.
I want to copy all cells and Paste Special on top of the existing cells with
the trasposed data.
How can i copy all the cells in worksheet and then use Paste Special.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Swaroop

P.S: I tried copying a range of cells and worksheet and when i try to paste
the cells by giving a Range , i get an COMException ,that copy and paste
areas should be the same.