Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default If A0, I need a message pop-up box to show text in B1

If Sheet1, A10, I want the contents of B1 to appear in the message
box. The only button I need in the message box is OK. Clicking on the
OK needs to do nothing more than to close the box. Can anyone help
with this? (I'm a novice at macros, so please be somewhat detailed.)
Thanks.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What will make the value in Sheet1, A1 change? Manual edit, formula, DDE
link? If it is a formula or DDE link do you want the box to pop up on every
calculate as long as it remains above zero? If not, when do you want it
next to pop up?

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
If Sheet1, A10, I want the contents of B1 to appear in the message
box. The only button I need in the message box is OK. Clicking on the
OK needs to do nothing more than to close the box. Can anyone help
with this? (I'm a novice at macros, so please be somewhat detailed.)
Thanks.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

I have set A1 to return values under certain conditions. For example,
if an erroneous entry of a certain nature has occured elsewhere, it
might return a value of 1 in A1. If it is an error of a different
type, it might return 2, and so forth. The type of error will appear
as text in B1, according to the corresponding value in A1. If I have a
single OK button to show that the message has been recognized, I would
like for the message pop-up to remain open until the user clicks on the
OK button. Can you help with this? Again, I am a VB novice, so please
give enough detail. Thanks.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

There is perhaps a better way to approach my problem. A one time
pop-up would be great, and without an OK button if I could make it
remain for approximately 10 seconds. It would not need to repeat
itself. The next message would pop-up only if there were to be a
change in the A1 value.

Also, assuming there would be an A1 type of construct in multiple
worksheets, would there need to be more than a single UserForm?

Thanks,

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You didn't bother to answer the question on how A1 would change. But it
sounds like it might be changed by a macro. If so, use the same macro to
pop up the message box, i.e change the value of a1 and show the message box
in the same procedure. .

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...