Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SendKeys

Dear All,

I wish all the forum members a great New Year...

Could anyone tell me what are sendKeys used for and what are they?

Also it wud be great if someone answers the following...

where to find a list of the sendkeys parameters.

In particular send the keys (CTRL S) to save.

Thanks
Ankur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ankur,

SendKeys sends one or more keystrokes to the active window as if typed at
the keyboard.

Look in Excel VBA help under:

SendKeys Statement
SendKeys Method

of details and the parameters.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"ankur" wrote:

Dear All,

I wish all the forum members a great New Year...

Could anyone tell me what are sendKeys used for and what are they?

Also it wud be great if someone answers the following...

where to find a list of the sendkeys parameters.

In particular send the keys (CTRL S) to save.

Thanks
Ankur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Martin,

Yes it did help.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Ankur

"ankur" wrote:

Dear All,

I wish all the forum members a great New Year...

Could anyone tell me what are sendKeys used for and what are they?

Also it wud be great if someone answers the following...

where to find a list of the sendkeys parameters.

In particular send the keys (CTRL S) to save.

Thanks
Ankur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SendKeys is quirky and unreliable. I would never use it in a commercial
application.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ankur" wrote:

Dear All,

I wish all the forum members a great New Year...

Could anyone tell me what are sendKeys used for and what are they?

Also it wud be great if someone answers the following...

where to find a list of the sendkeys parameters.

In particular send the keys (CTRL S) to save.

Thanks
Ankur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The other keyboard controls can be found by typing "Keyboard Shortcuts" in
the Help search box of both Excel and VBA. You will find that there are many
combinations of keys that can do many functions. You have to be careful when
you use them, because some of them do different things in different
views/panes.

"ankur" wrote:

Dear All,

I wish all the forum members a great New Year...

Could anyone tell me what are sendKeys used for and what are they?

Also it wud be great if someone answers the following...

where to find a list of the sendkeys parameters.

In particular send the keys (CTRL S) to save.

Thanks
Ankur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:48:46 -0600, Chip Pearson wrote:

SendKeys is quirky and unreliable. I would never use it in a commercial
application.

The only place where I find SendKeys to be useful is after the user has
clicked a Control Toolbar check box. Sending an Escape sends the focus back
to where ever it was before.

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

SendKeys Help ajvasel Excel Programming 2 August 9th 06 04:48 PM
Always Sendkeys... Duncan[_5_] Excel Programming 0 May 4th 06 09:10 AM
SendKeys [email protected] Excel Programming 1 July 25th 05 06:05 PM
Sendkeys GB[_3_] Excel Programming 0 September 16th 03 10:39 PM
SendKeys Ron de Bruin Excel Programming 3 August 25th 03 10:21 PM