Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Possible to automate conversion of text files to Excel?

A client of mine has asked me to process some data from a text file.
The file will be received on a weekly basis and will always have the
same parameters (see below). I would like to know if it would be
possible to automate this process without manually picking the start
and end locations on the text conversion wizard within Excel. I'm not
great with VB but it seems like this could be done with a macro of some
kind? If anyone can lend some insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

START END LENGTH
1 8 08
9 19 11