Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Automation Help fast

Use the value 6 instead of xlCSV.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Perico" wrote in message
I'm running this code FROM ACCESS using automation to run Excel. Am
trying
to save the Excel file I create as a csv, but the xlCSV is not recognized:

xlWbMst.SaveAs Filename:=fNameMst, FileFormat:=xlCSV

How do I save my Excel file as a true csv file running the code in Access
using automation if the above does not work. Need help quickly please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is exactly what Jim and I (Bob) assumed when we gave the advice we did.
xlCSV is part of the Excel type library, and if you don't have a reference
to Excel, that constant doesn't exist in your project, hence the error. Our
advice will work, but of course there may be others.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Perico" wrote in message
Thanks Phil and Jim for the help. I'll give it a try. Before reading
your
notes I noticed that b/c I'm using late binding, I didn't have a reference
set to Excel in the Access vba References dialogue. (I learned earlier
that
when I set a reference to Excel in the Access vba references dialogue box,
other parts of my automation routine did not work.) In testing the
"FileFormat:=xlCSV" issue, I then set a reference to Excel in the dialogue
and the saveas csv did work. However, as I say, setting a reference in
the
dialogue box creates problems elsewhere in the automation operation, so
I'm
hoping you recommendation works.