Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TD TD is offline

Default How do I do this

Sort your data by Customer #, Product ID and Total units. I am assuming that
these three columns are A, B and C respectively and Raw 1 will be Label.

=if(and(a2=a3,(b2=b3),(c2=c3)),"Duplicate"," ")

Once you copy this formula to new column, past value in of formula in
another column. Use auto filter and delete all with duplicate entry after
couple of test check.

There might be another way of doing this, but I find this working for me in
similar situation.

"Tia" wrote:

I've recently imported 2 reports from my accounting software and merged them
into one excel sheet. I've sorted them according to customer and totaled
them. Under each group, there is a list of product codes and totals. Since
2 reports were merged together, I've got duplicate entries. I would like to
create a formula that would recognize the customer number and the product ID
and total the units and cost so that I only have one entry per productID per
Customer. I'm not very familiar with excel so I don't know if this is
possible. If so, please show me an example of the formula. If not, any
other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for any help that can be
offered!