-   -   A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380131-macro-will-show-cells-contents-but-not-allow-print.html)

[email protected]

A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to print

Is there a macro that will a cell's contents to be visible on the
screen, but will not allow the same to be printed? Thanks.

Michael

Ron de Bruin

A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to print

Hi Michael

You can use code in the beforeprint event to make the text white so you not see it on the printout
Or use CF (see link on my site to Debra's site )

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide
You can find example code on this page

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in message ups.com...
Is there a macro that will a cell's contents to be visible on the
screen, but will not allow the same to be printed? Thanks.

Michael

[email protected]

A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to print

Thanks Ron,

The problem is that some printers, including my B&W laser printer,
still print non-black fonts in black. Also, the fonts are wish to view
are not white, but a variety of colors.

Ron de Bruin

A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to p

For the OP

You can use to create the sheet.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous

This way it will update (values and formats) when you chnage somthing

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
The only thing I can recommend in that case is to come up with a seprate
worksheet just for printing. The printout sheet will be essentailly identical
to the original except that it will omit the itmes you do not want printed.
The sheet can be kept hidden... You will want some code to catch the print
event to see if the user is trying to print the target. If so then cancel the
printout and print you "print out" sheet in it's place.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Thanks Ron,

The problem is that some printers, including my B&W laser printer,
still print non-black fonts in black. Also, the fonts are wish to view
are not white, but a variety of colors.

[email protected]

A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to p

Thanks guys.

Michael

[email protected]

A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to print

Michael,
Just a thought and certianly not necessarily the best way to go (if you
can implement the other suggestion of a separate printing sheet), but
you can set whether errors print or not. This would mean you would need
to error those cells that you do not want to print, by using/amending
their formula.
So if you have named cell "rngErr" somewhere suitable, then use a
fomula like :

=If(rngErr0,1/0,"Original Value")

With ActiveSheet
'Force that cells to error
.Range("rngErr").Value = 1
.PageSetup.PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsBlank

Application.EnableEvents = False
.PrintOut
Application.EnableEvents = True

'Reset to no errors
.Range("rngErr").Value = 0
'Cancel Excel's print out
Cancel = True
End With

End Sub

....but XL2002 and up only.

NickHk

wrote:
Is there a macro that will a cell's contents to be visible on the
screen, but will not allow the same to be printed? Thanks.

Michael

[email protected]

A macro that will show a cell's contents but not allow it to print

Thanks Nick.

Michael