Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Option Button forces user to input into a Textbox

In the code for the option button, place cursor in desired box
textbox5.SetFocus
There are several ways of making them enter something, is there particular
info that must be there or just anything?

-John
is helpful.

"KCK" wrote in message
Hi, I have a worksheet with several optionbuttons (from the control
toolbox).
If a user clicks on a particular optionbutton I need them to enter
information into a particular textbox. Can someone tell me how to make
this
work?
Example: If Optionbutton 5 is clicked, the user should automatically be
placed in Textbox5 and required to enter some information.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are the textboxes on your sheet or are they in a userform? what is the name
of your textbox?

-John
is helpful.

"KCK" wrote in message
Thanks for the feedback. I tried your suggestion and received an error
code
438 with a statement "Object doesn't support this property or method".
Here
is the code I am trying to run:

Private Sub OptionButton6_Click()
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("j8") = "Other"
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("k8") = "OTH"
TextBox5.SetFocus
End Sub

Once the user clicks optionbutton6 some data will be placed in J8 and K8
and
then I want the user to be forced to enter a company name and address.

Thanks,
Kerry

"John Bundy" wrote:

In the code for the option button, place cursor in desired box
textbox5.SetFocus
There are several ways of making them enter something, is there
particular
info that must be there or just anything?

-John
Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know
what
is helpful.