Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems With PRN File

I have a macro that runs and saves the results as a PRN file. As far as I
know, a PRN file is only text file that keeps the columns in the same format
as Excel. The problem is that the data in the PRN file is wrapped around to
the bottom of the file.

So it looks like there is a size limit on PRN files. Does anyone know how
to avoid this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Saved from a previous post:

(.prn files will wrap after 240 characters)

You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet):

I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column:

=LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",20),20) & LEFT(B1&REPT(" ",10),10) & TEXT(C1,"000,000.00")

Then I'd copy and paste to notepad and save from there. Once I figured out that
ugly formula, I kept it and just unhide that column when I wanted to export the
data.

If that doesn't work for you, maybe you could do it with a macro.

Here's a link that provides a macro:
http://google.com/groups?threadm=015...0a% 40phx.gbl

--

Dave Peterson