Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rjr rjr is offline

Default Removing columns and rows from an imported worksheet

Others have helped me with this but my questions kept modifying it. This is
a request for all programming that I need to work on these worksheets.

I thank you in advance for any help offered.

I have an exported csv format opened in Excel. It consists of varying
numbers of columns with headers. I may have between 5 and 200 rows in this
document.

The layout is like this:

A B C D E
F G H I

ID STATUS AGING REP SUB REP CO CODE DATE
NAME FOL DATE

1 3454 OPEN 14 0 0
3DFGTYU 01 0 0

2 9876 OPEN 10 0 0
3DFGUYV 01 0 0

3 3354 OPEN 07 0 0
3DFGTYU 01 0 0

4 9976 OPEN 00 0 0
3DFGXYV 01 0 0

5 9344 OPEN 02 0 0
3DFGAIU 01 0 0

6 9556 OPEN 04 0 0
3DFGUYD 01 0 0

I would like to do the following if possible in coding:

Upon activating the macro I would like to remove columns I, H, G, E, D, B &
A. This leaves me with C & F remaining. As column shows there are various
codes located in this column. I need to process only the CO Code that has
3DFGU; 3DFGV; 3DFGW AND 3DFGX. I always need to capture only these main
codes from the CO CODE column. Please note that the code I need DOES NOT
Include the last two letters that are shown in the column. This code
represents the main branch and the additional two letters indicate sub
branches. I have a need to sort main branch AND the sub branches, but there
can be as many as 24 sub branches. Any other codes outside of the main ones
should be eliminated.