Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rjr rjr is offline

Default Removing columns and rows from an imported worksheet

Others have helped me with this but my questions kept modifying it. This is
a request for all programming that I need to work on these worksheets.

I thank you in advance for any help offered.

I have an exported csv format opened in Excel. It consists of varying
numbers of columns with headers. I may have between 5 and 200 rows in this
document.

The layout is like this:

A B C D E
F G H I

ID STATUS AGING REP SUB REP CO CODE DATE
NAME FOL DATE

1 3454 OPEN 14 0 0
3DFGTYU 01 0 0

2 9876 OPEN 10 0 0
3DFGUYV 01 0 0

3 3354 OPEN 07 0 0
3DFGTYU 01 0 0

4 9976 OPEN 00 0 0
3DFGXYV 01 0 0

5 9344 OPEN 02 0 0
3DFGAIU 01 0 0

6 9556 OPEN 04 0 0
3DFGUYD 01 0 0

I would like to do the following if possible in coding:

Upon activating the macro I would like to remove columns I, H, G, E, D, B &
A. This leaves me with C & F remaining. As column shows there are various
codes located in this column. I need to process only the CO Code that has
3DFGU; 3DFGV; 3DFGW AND 3DFGX. I always need to capture only these main
codes from the CO CODE column. Please note that the code I need DOES NOT
Include the last two letters that are shown in the column. This code
represents the main branch and the additional two letters indicate sub
branches. I have a need to sort main branch AND the sub branches, but there
can be as many as 24 sub branches. Any other codes outside of the main ones
should be eliminated.