Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Distorted Fonts on Controls

Whenever I add a control (i.e. checkbox, command button, etc) from the
Controls Toolbox to a worksheet, the font for the text on the control
is distorted, in that it is slightly elongated and pixelated. If I
click on the control, the font returns to "normal" appearance, but once
I click somewhere else, the font "distorts" again.

Oddly, if I add a control to the worksheet from the "Forms" toolbar, it
looks fine at all times.

I'm running Excel 2003 with XP Pro on a 1-yr old Dell Inspiron 6000
laptop with a 1680 x 1050 screen. Changing the display options has no
effect.

Anyone have any ideas? Surprisingly I can't find anything via Google,
but I can't believe I'm the only one to have this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a 3 monitor setup (3 x 19" NEC flat-panels), controlled by a Matrox
Parahelia 256 video card, and had the exact same problem you describe. I
called Matrox about the problem, and they admitted it was a problem with
their video drivers. I updated the drivers, and the problem went away. I
would suggest you get the latest drivers from Dell and see if that fixes the
problem.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Whenever I add a control (i.e. checkbox, command button, etc) from the
Controls Toolbox to a worksheet, the font for the text on the control
is distorted, in that it is slightly elongated and pixelated. If I
click on the control, the font returns to "normal" appearance, but once
I click somewhere else, the font "distorts" again.

Oddly, if I add a control to the worksheet from the "Forms" toolbar, it
looks fine at all times.

I'm running Excel 2003 with XP Pro on a 1-yr old Dell Inspiron 6000
laptop with a 1680 x 1050 screen. Changing the display options has no
effect.

Anyone have any ideas? Surprisingly I can't find anything via Google,
but I can't believe I'm the only one to have this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Installed, and then re-installed the latest driver from Dell, and it
made the problem worse! So, looks like I might be stuck...