Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comment Positions

I'm experiencing odd behavior with a spreadsheet in which I'm creating
a test plan for a software implementation.

In a section that tests results of activities for people in various
states (or groups of states), I'm imported the pertinent states as
comments in the cells that contains the test cases.

Oddly, the comments are suddenly far away from the cells to which they
are connected. For example, the comment for cell D95 is way up by
E64. Unfortunately, the Comments collection is a part of the object
model with which I have little familiarity.

I tried recording a macro to see what type of code was generated by
moving the comment back down to its source cell, but the code appears
to change the position relative to where it is at runtime. In other
words, when I correct the position of the comment referenced above,
the code reflects that I moved it so many points down and to the left.

Does anyone know of a way to move a comment to a position relative to
the cell to which it is attached? I've written a macro that deletes
and recreates the comment, but it seems as though there should be some
better, more logical way to do this.

Happy holidays to anyone who reads this and many thanks to anyone who
takes time to answer.

MP-
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mangus

Have a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for code.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html#Reset

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:51:51 -0500, Mangus Pyke <manguspyke[at]comcast[dot]net
wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gord,

That appears to be exactly what I needed. Two hours of searching
through Google never got me there -- not sure what you did
differently, but thank you so much for taking time to help me!

Perhaps it's just me, but this seems to be an area of the object model
that really isn't documented very well.

Regards,
MP-

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mangus

I did not have to google for the answer.

Debra's site is such an excellent source of help that I keep the URLs from the
most common pages in a Debra Folder.

I did google the Excel groups just now for "re-position comments" and got a lot
of hits, most pointing to Debra's site.

Gord