Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Loop through Row Range, Excel 2000, 2003

Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sub demo()
For i = 8 To 15
If Cells(i, "D").Value & Cells(i, "E").Value & Cells(i, "B").Value = ""
Then
Exit Sub
End If
Next
Gary's Student

"jfcby" wrote:

Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think Gary's Student was actually concatenating all those cells into a single
string and then comparing that concatenated string to "".

If the OP wanted to use AND, then it would look more like:

if cells(i,"D").value = "" _
and cells(i,"E").value = "" _
and cells(i, "B").value = "" then

Fully tested ?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jfcby" wrote:

Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Don Guillett wrote:

Fully tested ?

For i = 8 To 15
If Cells(i, "D").Value & Cells(i, "E").Value & Cells(i, "B").Value =
""

"jfcby" wrote:

Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I
need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit
sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

The code provided works great but I'm tring to insert it into this
code2 but it is not working right. It does not go to the next cell it
stays at row 8 and does not go to row 9 and so on. How can this code1
be inserted into code2 to work right?

code1

Dim c As Variant
For c = 8 To 15
If Cells(c, "B").Value & Cells(c, "D").Value & Cells(c,
"E").Value _
= "" Then Exit Sub
Next c

code2

Sub ErrorCheckData()
'Tom Ogilvy
Dim i As Long
Dim Cell As Range, cell1 As Range
Dim Rng As Range
Dim msg(1 To 3) As String
msg(1) = "ERROR Date is empty"
msg(2) = "ERROR Description is empty"
msg(3) = "ERROR Type is empty"

For Each Cell In Range("B8:B15")
Set Rng = Cell.Range("A1,C1:D1")
i = 1
For Each cell1 In Rng
If cell1 = "" Then
cell1.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
MsgBox msg(i) & ": " & Cell.Address
End
End If
i = i + 1
Next cell1
Next Cell
End Sub

The code I tried and did not work right:

Sub ErrorCheckData()
'Tom Ogilvy
Dim i As Long
Dim c As Variant
[...]

Thank you for your help,
jfcby

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--

"jfcby" wrote:

Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I
need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit
sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As previously posted:

Sub ErrorCheckTEST()
Dim i as Long
Dim cell as Range, cell1 as Range
Dim rng as Range
Dim msg(1 to 3) as String
msg(1) = "ERROR Date is empty"
msg(2) = "ERROR Description is empty"
msg(3) = "ERROR Type is empty"

for each cell in Range("B8:B15")
set rng = cell.Range("A1,C1:D1")
i = 1
if application.CountBlank(rng) = 3 then exit sub
for each cell1 in rng
if cell1 = "" then
cell1.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
msgbox msg(i) & ": " & cell.Address
exit sub
end if
i = i + 1
Next cell1
Next cell

Tom Ogilvy

"jfcby" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--

"jfcby" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Tom,

When I tried your code it give me a error message:
Run Time Error '13'
Type Mismatch

and highlights this line of code:

"jfcby" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--

"jfcby" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Merry xmas eve
I corrected the 1st one from the original post and either of these will
work.
Your problem is that you want to EXIT the sub if all are blank. Of course,
if the first row is blank then the sub will NOT loop. What do you want?

Sub checkblanksinrow()
For i = 8 To 15
If Range("B" & i & ",d" & i & ":e" & i) = "" Then MsgBox Cells(i, "B").Row
Next i
End Sub
Sub checkblankinrow1()
For Each c In Range("b8:b15")
If c = "" And c.Offset(, 2) = "" And c.Offset(, 3) = "" Then MsgBox c.Row
Next

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jfcby" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My error, here is a correction:

Sub ErrorCheckTEST()
Dim i As Long
Dim cell As Range, cell1 As Range
Dim rng As Range
Dim msg(1 To 3) As String
msg(1) = "ERROR Date is empty"
msg(2) = "ERROR Description is empty"
msg(3) = "ERROR Type is empty"

For Each cell In Range("B8:B15")
Set rng = cell.Range("A1,C1:D1")
i = 1
If Application.CountBlank(cell.Range("A1")) + _
Application.CountBlank(cell.Range("C1:D1")) = 3 _
Then Exit Sub
For Each cell1 In rng
If cell1 = "" Then
cell1.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
MsgBox msg(i) & ": " & cell.Address
Exit Sub
End If
i = i + 1
Next cell1
Next cell

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...

"jfcby" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--

"jfcby" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a heads up, but

Sub checkblanksinrow()
For i = 8 To 15
If Range("B" & i & ",d" & i & ":e" & i) = "" Then MsgBox Cells(i, "B").Row
Next i
End Sub

only checks for blanks in column B.

Tom Ogilvy

"jfcby" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your help! The code works great!

One more questions:

How do you reset the color to No Fill after the blank cells has data in
them?

Thanks for your help,
jfcby

"jfcby" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--

"jfcby" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your help once again! My previous question I think the
solution is add Else in the if statement like below is this correct? I
tried it and the colored cells were reset to No Fill.

Sub ErrorCheckData()
'Tom Ogilvy
Dim i As Long
Dim cell As Range, cell1 As Range
Dim rng As Range
Dim msg(1 To 3) As String
msg(1) = "ERROR Date is empty"
msg(2) = "ERROR Description is empty"
msg(3) = "ERROR Type is empty"

For Each cell In Range("B8:B15")
Set rng = cell.Range("A1,C1:D1")
i = 1
If Application.CountBlank(cell.Range("A1")) + _
Application.CountBlank(cell.Range("C1:D1")) = 3 _
Then Exit Sub
For Each cell1 In rng
If cell1 = "" Then
cell1.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
MsgBox msg(i) & ": " & cell.Address
End 'Exit Sub
Else
If cell1 "" Then
cell1.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
i = i + 1
Next cell1
Next cell
End Sub

Merry Christmas!
jfcby

"jfcby" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--

"jfcby" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you everyone for your help!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

jfcby
Frankie

"jfcby" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote:

Maybe " I " should test.

--

"jfcby" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oops, Thanks Tom

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jfcby" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

My BEGIN row range is "B8,D8:E8" END row range is "B15,D15:E15". I need
to check each row value and if the row is all blank I want to exit sub,
if the row range has all data then I want go to continue macro, if a
row has a blank cell I want to continue macro.

This is a example code I've got so far but I do not know how to get it
to loop the the rows:

If Range("B8").Value & Range("D8").Value & Range("E8").Value = "" Then
Exit Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would approach it like this:

Sub ErrorCheckTEST()
Dim i As Long
Dim cell As Range, cell1 As Range
Dim rng As Range
Dim msg(1 To 3) As String
msg(1) = "ERROR Date is empty"
msg(2) = "ERROR Description is empty"
msg(3) = "ERROR Type is empty"

Range("B8:B15","D8:E15").Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

"jfcby" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson wrote:
<vbg

Don Guillett wrote: