Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel: Compare Two Worksheets

Greetings!!

Is there an easy way to compare 2 worksheets in the same workbook??

I have 2 worksheets labeled as:
Sheet1 - master
Sheet2 - this sheet has been updated

I would like to see what cells were updated in Sheet2.

thx..thx..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Myrna,

Reply to me privately at deitbe at consumer dot org, and I will send you an addin written by me that
will add this sort of functionality to your tools menu.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Myrna Rodriguez" wrote in message
Greetings!!

Is there an easy way to compare 2 worksheets in the same workbook??

I have 2 worksheets labeled as:
Sheet1 - master
Sheet2 - this sheet has been updated

I would like to see what cells were updated in Sheet2.

thx..thx..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Myrna, Copy this sub into a standard module and run it. HTH, James
Sub Compare2Shts()
Dim cell As Range, x As Long, y As Integer
Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells
x = cell.Row
y = cell.Column
If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(x, y) < cell Then
cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Next cell
End Sub