Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default rows for visible cells

Hi,

I need to capture only those rows which are visible in xls (but not hidden)
in my macro. Could some one plz help me in this regard. I

I understand how to select only the visible cells (shown below) but how can i
capture the rows or row number only for the visible cells.

for eg:

Range("A1:A6").Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select

Thanks
digger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Digger:

You just need to use the entirerow as in:

Range("A1:A6").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Ent ireRow.Select

BTW you don't need select selection you can do in with the range object.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"mf_digger" wrote:

Hi,

I need to capture only those rows which are visible in xls (but not hidden)
in my macro. Could some one plz help me in this regard. I

I understand how to select only the visible cells (shown below) but how can i
capture the rows or row number only for the visible cells.

for eg:

Range("A1:A6").Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select

Thanks
digger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your response. But i need to capture the row number which are
visible only

for eg:

Rows: (total rows)
1
2
3
4
5

Rows (visible only rows, and remaining are hidden)

1
3
5

now i have to capture only the visible row numbers (1, 3, 5) in my loop logic,
please help me in achieving this?

Martin Fishlock wrote:
Digger:

You just need to use the entirerow as in:

Range("A1:A6").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).En tireRow.Select

BTW you don't need select selection you can do in with the range object.

Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
Thanks
digger